Mon, 17 Jan 1994 14:33:28 CET
On Mon, 17 Jan 1994 14:24:46 +0100 Fred Melssen, CPS, Nijmegen University said:
>When I add the subscriber to my list, using lowercases, these
>are translated into uppercases - which causes the errors.
>uux: 0835-125 SAIL is not a valid system name.
>uux: 0835-129 uux failed. The errno is 11.
*------ quotes -------*
From RFC1034/1035:
Note that while  upper and lower case letters are  allowed in domain names,
no significance is attached to the case.
From RFC1035:
For  all parts  of the  DNS that  are part  of the  official protocol,  all
comparisons between character strings (e.g., labels, domain names, etc. are)
done in a case-insensitive manner.

Thus it CAN'T be the case of "SaiL"/"sAIl"/....

Christian