Jean Snow <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 20 May 1994 13:21:38 EDT
Yesterday I updated a peered list (REXXLIST) to remove a peer (UCF1VM).
I reviewed the list after I finished (and n times since), and
can say with some certainty that the string 'UCF1VM' does not appear
in the review copy of the list for any of the remaining peers.

But I have since recieved several messages from each peer with the
follwing warning:
--------
Warning:  a possible  inconsistency has  been detected  in the  network-wide
"List-ID" of the  REXXLIST list. The peer chain recorded  in the list header
was "REXX-L@UALTAVM REXXLIST@DEARN REXXLIST@HEARN REXXLIST@UGA", whereas the
peer chain deducted from network-wide  data contributed by the other servers
was    "REXX-L@UALTAVM    REXXLIST@DEARN   REXXLIST@HEARN    REXXLIST@UCF1VM
REXXLIST@UGA". Please take the necessary  steps to correct this error and/or
contact the owners of the other peers.
--------

Can anyone tell me what necessary change I missed?  We are still running
release 1.7f, and the peers are running 1.8a, if that matters.
Thanks much....

** Jean Snow  UGA Systems/Postmaster      [log in to unmask]      **
** University of Georgia, Athens, GA      JEAN@UGA  (Bitnet)       **