Richard Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 14:14:22 -0500
By installing LSMTP, or another email software product such as Sendmail, you will have
the ability on the LISTSERV server to handle mail delivery.  However, that doesn't mean
that mail will still not be relayed to the Exchange servers in your company, especially if
there are subscribers to your lists that are within your organization.

To illustrate, when I worked for the National Institutes of Health we had LISTSERV send
mail via our sendmail software.  However, if the mail was for subscribers within NIH it
was relayed to the exchange servers.

I believe having a mail delivery system on the LISTSERV server is a great idea;
however, your company's Exchange servers still run the risk of crashing if a large list
mailing is relayed to them.

I hope this helps a little.

Richard Keller