Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 11 Sep 1997 19:00:18 GMT
On Thu, 11 Sep 1997 14:24:22 -0400, Cathleen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>So, the consensus (of 3) is that she needs to subscribe under a pseudonym,
>and make sure that her e-mail program has the same name, or pseudonym?

I think (based on recent experiment) that changing email pgm to psuedonym
may be sufficient for most LISTSERV purposes, however, unless she uses the
multi-personality feature (allows different email From: addresses) of
Eudora Pro, she should realize that ALL of her email from that program will
use the pseudonym, which may be inconvenient for other mail purposes.

Also, some other lists may have rules about not using psudonyms (I assume
yours does not, or you wouldn't be asking the question).

In short, it's not easy to hide your identity.

 Ben Parker .....(Oak Park IL -> Denver CO) ..... [log in to unmask]