Jacky Foo <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 09:15:57 +0200
Thanks to Ben Parker and others who responded to my question.

>Be thankful that LISTSERV now gives this warning
yes.

usually I paste the email address given in the header of the email from a
requester when I add a person to a list. If the email address is taken from
the mail server from the vendor then it probably has a fixed character
format (since it comes from the same source). However, if it comes from the
personal computer, then it could be different since the account holder can
type it any way s/he wants.

If it is the latter case, the warning from LISTSERV is certainly useful but
if LISTSERV could be make case insensitive, it would be much better - just
like LISTSERV rejects a message that is sent twice or it rejects a
command-message that is sent to the list.

Rather then being dependent on the how the email address is typed, is it
possible for LISTSERV to convert all addresses to its own format - thus
contributing to a more problem-free software.

regards
jacky