Susan King <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 12 Jan 1996 12:50:44 -0600
[log in to unmask] wrote in a message to All:

 kC> You can increase the size of the digest, so that you don't trigger
 kC> multiple copies per day.  How large is your digest maximum set to
 kC> now?

I have too many folks who rather have multiple smaller ones that ONE large one.

 kC> You can also make sure that your members use quoting to a minimum;
 kC> with new members coming and going, you need to periodically remind
 kC> them of this.

Quoting is not a problem... it is moderated.. and excessive quotes are deleted
or the whole message returned.

We have over 1200 subscribers and growing. We are also gated to
soc.genealogy.jewish but the newsgroup propagation seems problematic.

It is currently set to 1000 lines... I suppose I could move it up to 10000
which would send out one digest a day no matter what... I don't think we hit
that level yet.

It is hard to please all the users... some want one big.. some want many small
ones.

Susan E. King ([log in to unmask])