Steve Traugott <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 8 Nov 1993 02:01:44 EST
Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> On Sat, 6 Nov 1993 22:19:32 EST Steve Traugott said:
> >We have 'Daily-Threshold' set to 10 on UUs-L, which seems to be a
>
>    Quite likely the lowest I've ever seen or heard of used.  I'm on
> one list where the limit is 300, and it has been freed a few times, though
> not often.

GACK!  That's incredible.  What's the topic and how do most members
handle the load?

> >comfortable number.  Beyond that the volume seems to stress people
> >out and the confusion and flames increase.
>
>   Well, if you just free it anyway, then you aren't really holding it
> to ten, so don't really see the point.

It works.  If it holds at 10, then you free it, it will only let 10
more through before it holds again.  So if you only send 1 FREE a
day, then you only get 10 messages a day.  2 FREEs gets you 20, and
so on...

Steve
Steve Traugott             `    .  *           +       [log in to unmask]
 ...Organizational Evolution         +    ` .   .      [log in to unmask]
Unix/Internet Systems Engineer         .      [log in to unmask] List Manager
Currently contracting in Summit, NJ  .                       [log in to unmask]