Thu, 10 Sep 1998 20:20:02 -0500
> certain, so i prefer to let him on and review his posts. the spoofer is a
> nice person who i like, so i'm willing to trust her not to interfere with

A subscriber who will forge an unsub for someone  she does not like is
NOT!!! a nice person.  That you disagree with what the person you
do not like says is immaterial.

You keep saying "like."  A listowner does not like nor dislike
subscribers, nor what they say.  The listowner steps in only to break up a
flame war or to curtail postings intended to disrupt the list, or
excessive foul language if there is a ban on such.  That a persons
legitimate views, couched in terms acceptable to the list, disagree with
your views, or those of the "nice" person, is not grounds for you to
termimate the subscription of that person, and the "nice person" doing it
is beneath further comment.

Were it my list the "nice person" would be banned from the the list
perpetually.

Douglas