Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 2 Nov 1996 04:25:28 GMT
On Sat, 2 Nov 1996 11:20:17 +1100 (EST), Nathan Willis
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>.re owners
>&WEEKDAY, &DATE &TIME
>
>You have been removed from the &LISTNAME list (&TITLE) by &MBX(&WHOM).

>We simply want to replace "You were" with that person's address.

Yes, sorry.  I didn't have my hardcopy at hand.

Try this:
>&WEEKDAY, &DATE &TIME
> To- &MBX(&ADDR)
>You have been removed from the &LISTNAME list (&TITLE) by &MBX(&WHOM).

The &ADDR should be the address of the person to be deleted at this
point.  The &MBX(&ADDR) merely 'looks up' and adds their real name to the
address.  Not necessary, but might be helpful to you.

I know &WHOM is used here for the person who sent the msg but I'll write
Nathan or Eric about this becasue I feel it should really be &INVOKER in
this case.  Sometimes &WHOM and &INVOKER are the same, sometimes
different.

Unfortunately, many of these variables are not documented in the manual
(not even in the 1.8c) and some take in different values (or no value) in
different msgs, thus their definition changes depending on context.

On a different matter, (your earlier questions about getting copies of
file PUT cmds/confirms)  Those msgs are hard coded in LISTSERV and not
part of the MAILTPL.  So you can't easily add a .cc OWNERS.  I see no
easy solution to that, but I'm not sure why you'd want to anyway.  As
maintainer you have directory access, and it should be easy to do a cron
job to compare directory listings and see what's been added.  LISTSERV
doens't seem to offer any special capabilities for this.

 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]