"Richard Jensen, exec. dir. H-Net" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 18 Oct 1994 07:10:20 -0600
    re MEDLAB-L and business.
    The usual policy is to avoid posting ads for specific commercial
    products on lists.
         But many fields--including history where I am and obviously
    medical labs--have the situation where commercial products are an
    integral part of the activity of the group. The history
    profession could not function without commercial books to read,
    review and study.  Likewise the Medical Lab world and commercial
    products. Therefore I think its policy restricts the usefulness
    of the list to its own members.
    Richard Jensen
    executive director of H-NET