Fri, 27 Mar 1998 15:50:54 +0000
Hi Nathan..

> Have you checked to see if the user actually exists?  With the probe

No. but from other listowners I've heard that this is happening with
brand new subscribers who they know are "real" .

> setting turned on, the auto-delete functionality will also send
> probes if delivery errors are received for a given user.  And of
> course if the user doesn't exist, the probe will fail, eventually

But wouldn't you get the basic error message in the daily report that
says why.. like "user unknown" or one of the other coded reasons if
it were doing that?

All were're getting is what I forwarded to the list.. but I am still
getting the other type too.. [with the error message]

 ........Cleo  [log in to unmask]