"Bassett, Peggy A." <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 11:36:47 -0500
Greetings,

I have a list with 5 topics and I've set various topics for various
users.  I have been trying to query users by the list topics they are
subscribed to with the command:

        query listname for *@* with topics: test1

Following is the message I received back from LISTERV.  I thought this
command would tell me the topics set for *all* users on my list.
Notice, also, that messages are being sent to
[log in to unmask] -- not my intention at all!!!

Any idea what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks so much for your assistance.

Peggy Bassett
University Computing Services
Indiana University, Bloomington

list NT-DEMO:

MAIL           You are sent individual postings as they are received
SHORTHDR       Short mail headers with only "human friendly" fields
               (formerly "SHORTBSMTP")
REPRO          You receive a copy of your own postings
NOACK          No acknowledgement of successfully processed postings

Subscription date: 22 Jan 1997

The topics you subscribe to are: Test1

The FOR list is unknown to [log in to unmask] Your request
is
being      forwarded     to      the     nearest      backbone
server,

There is no LISTSERV server at *.  The syntax of LISTSERV commands does
not
usually require you to give the name of the site where the list is
located.
You may want to try again with just the name of the list (*).

The TEST1 list is unknown to [log in to unmask] Your
request is
being      forwarded      to      the     nearest      backbone
server,

One matching entry found.

Summary of resource utilization
 CPU time:        0.040 sec