Bob Zenhausern <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Jun 1996 10:48:15 EDT
As the number of Lists on sjuvm.stjohns.edu increases and the need for a
move off the mainframe, I need advice on what platform(s) I need to move.
The lists here are averaging 1800 messages to 336k subscribers.  I expect
some major increases and want to be prepared for about 500k per day.  Data
base searching is a critical factor in the Information Center I am developing
on the WWW.  I have been working on a Unix system for the WWW and for the
GrassRoots MOO and my plan is to integrate all three.  If it makes a difference
you can see the initial efforts at http://rdz.stjohns.edu/grassroots

The University looks like it will support NT more than Unix.  I also need
Unix machine to run the MOO and WWW.  Do you have any advice?  Where should
I look for information?

Bob Zenhausern, Ph.D.        Internet: [log in to unmask]
Psychology Department        Unibase: [log in to unmask]
SB 15 Marillac               Phone:  718-990-6447
Jamaica, NY 11439            Fax:    718-990-6705