Sat, 13 Feb 1999 01:49:08 -0800
Joe Clark <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
rex wrote:
>> A quote/message ratio filter would also be useful. a simple ratio
>
>Except in cases like this one, where the question is brief and the
>answer just as brief.

It would still work. I have people who write a one line reply and
quote a hundred lines. I'd settle for bouncing anything over a
10/1 quote/message ratio. The ratio should, of course, be settable
by the list-owner.

My other wish, a filter to bounce messages that contain the
bottom banner, would catch most of these types, because they
don't trim *anything*. I've gotten so sick of clueless posters
that I'm burned out. I no longer have the patience to politely
explain netiquette for the six hundredth time. I'd gladly hand
my list off to someone else at this point. These filters might
have kept me from reaching this point.

-rex