Shahjehan Khatri <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 30 Sep 1993 09:14:59 -0700
I had submitted the following a few days back:

> >We are running Revised LISTSERV 1.7f.  One of our users is a list owner.
> >Every now and then LISTSERV seems to "forget" his password.  He has to
issue
> >the PW ADD in order to update his list.
> >
> >Any comments will be appreciated.

To which a very nice person replied as follows:

> First, the "list" has a password, too!
> Does that password not work?
>
> Does somebody ever logon to LISTSERV,
> and ERASE some files, or "clean-up" the 'LASTING GLOBALV' file?
> This could be the cause of the "memory-problem" !

I sent the above to the person who is having the problem, and he responded
in these terms:

       The SINFONIA "list" password has always worked.
        As soon as I get a notice that my personal password does not work,
I return the message using the list password, and it has always gone
through. Then I send in a PW=ADD command and usually get a response that it
is accepted, and then the personal password will work again for awhile.
        No one has logged in to erase files or clean-up the 'Lasting
Globalv' file in age if ever.

Any comments?

Thanks.