"Ahern, Shannon" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 11:36:02 -0700
Thank you to everyone for the help on this issue.

Turns out that since the assault has slowed, the list moderators want me
to wait on making any big changes (like making the whole list "review"
rather than "edited") in case it messes with the system we have in place
for processing the mail amongst several moderators.

If the virus problem gets uncontrollable again, I am sure I will end up
making that change.

Thanks again!!

Shannon  :-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shannon Ahern
DevelopMentor
Website Project Manager
http://www.develop.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Will Turner: You cheated!
Capt. Jack Sparrow: [shrugs] Pirate!

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Russell [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2003 8:11 AM
To: [log in to unmask]

We have our central mail servers specified as MX hosts for our LISTSERV
server. We run MIMEDefang and McAfee uvscan on the central mail servers,
and MD is configured to discard any message which uvscan identifies as a
mass-mail virus carrier message. In the last 2+ weeks, our central mail
servers have discarded nearly 900,000 mass-mail virus carrier messages.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator