Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 6 Apr 1996 21:41:19 EST
> At 06:07 PM 4/5/96 -0500, Mario wrote:
> >Quoth  Roger Fajman:
> >
> >Signing your posts with name and e-mail address is a simple
> >courtesy, in any case, and very little trouble, really.  I don't
> >understand why anyone would object to doing it.
> >
> >Mario Rups
> >

> It's not that they object, it's that:
> 1) they don't understand why it's so important (thinking that everyone gets
> a full header like they do)
> 2) if their mailer doesn't have a .sig function, you have to remember to
> sign your posts every time. Again, cc:Mail has no .sig function, and my old
> email address was:

> Think I enjoyed typing _that_ every time?
>
> Philo (proud owner of a 15 letter email address)

Please watch your quoting.  I didn't say that everyone should sign
their posts.  What I said is that those who don't get full Internet
headers can use the LISTSERV DUALHDR option to get the missing
information without trying to get the whole world to change its
behavior.

I don't sign every post of mine, but here it is this time...

Roger Fajman                                   Telephone:  +1 301 402 4265
National Institutes of Health                  BITNET:     RAF@NIHCU
Bethesda, Maryland, USA                        Internet:   [log in to unmask]
CU.NIH.GOV/NIHCU, LIST.NIH.GOV/NIHLIST, ULIST.NIH.GOV, WEB.NIH.GOV Postmaster
List owner for LANMAN-L, PCIP, SNSTCP-L, and TN3270E, all @LIST.NIH.GOV