Peter Yamamoto <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 27 Mar 1996 00:29:50 -0500
Hi!

> Well the culprit is Pegasus Mail.
>
> Apparently it is a Pegasus<->Pegasus thing, but what I now fear
> is that these automated confirmations are going to start
> confirming the confirmation (let's hope it's at least not that
> idiotic!) since the confirmation will come from the mailing list.
>
> Well actually, there are two confirmations for the same message
> from the same person so who knows...
>
> I guess it must be associated with a new release or posting of
> how to activate the option because I've never seen this before.

Actually what initiated it was a message from a Pegasus user
which included the line:

And the RCPTS, as I said, have (so far) only come from other
Pegasus users. Note that the Pegasus mailers didn't respect
the field value, but only reacted to the presence of the field
and actually replied to the sender, the mailing list.
Naughty, naughty (lazy) Pegasus programmers.

Peter