Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 12 Jun 1996 12:20:43 MST
On Wed, 12 Jun 1996 10:11:26 -0500 LYDIA FISH said:
>especially the last time the person contacted the listserv?  I found that
>feature very useful for winnowing out folks set to NOMAIL for more than a year.
>(My list attracts quite a few students who set their accounts to NOMAIL, forget
>all about them, and then leave at the end of the semester.)

   Why not let LISTSERV do that for you with renewals?  Set it for six months,
a year, whatever works for you?  I had some doubts before setting it up for
my lists, but after a year with it I can't imagine living without it.  Also,
as the lists had been in existence for four to five years each they had over
a third deadwood, and the mainframe manager is thrilled that I reduced the
load on the machine by letting renew clean up my lists.

dan

  Dan Lester, Network Information Coordinator
  Albertsons Library, Boise State University, Boise, Idaho 83725 USA
  [log in to unmask]             http://cyclops.idbsu.edu/
  How can one fool make another wise?  Kansas, "No One Together," 1979