Tue, 5 Dec 2000 17:04:41 -0600
> > able to SET their subscriptions to language=NOHTML  and
> > attachments=NO instead of that being only in the purvue of the
> > listowner.
>
> But what if someone gets a virus passed in an attachment and
> blames the listowners?  Such a thing could conceivably happen on my
> list.  The blaming part, anyway.

Listowners get blamed for lots of stuff.. although I'd default MY lists to
these options.. there are many lists I'm on.. including this one on
attachments=No,  where they aren't set..  and I'd just kind of like the option
to set those lists I'm a subscriber on.. to make it so most posts I get are
text... and I don't have to deal with even downloading attachments.

I'd also like to remind folks that even with these features.. people can and
will get viruses via email lists.. the attatchments=no only works to filter
out MIME complaint attachments if I understand it right.

  ...Cleo  [log in to unmask]