Mon, 13 Nov 1995 07:58:19 -0600
On Mon, 13 Nov 1995, Ingrid H. Shafer wrote:
> Wouldn't it make sense if JSmith legitimately wanted to find addresses
> he would send a message to listowners informing them of his plans?
> Besides, should people not have a right to agree to be in such a directory?

In a perfect world, one would think so, but...

The only way I can think of off-hand to prevent this sort of activity
is to set your list Review= Owner.  My Primary listowner and I discussed
this, oh, about two years ago.  She thought it would be too restrictive
so the list is available to subscribers.  By the way, JSmith had his
AUTOCAT sub set to MAIL this weekend (there is very little traffic on
the weekends as most people sub from work).

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L