"Warhurst, SI (Spencer)" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:57:38 +0100
> I'm trying to find out if it's possible to temporarily add a
> large group of
> e-mail addresses to an existing list, then removing them again after a
> particular discussion has taken place. Any suggestions would
> be gratefully
> received!

Hi

Your best bet is to create a plain text file with each subscriber's details
occupying a separate line, eg:

[log in to unmask] Joe Bloggs
[log in to unmask] John Smith
etc

(you don't have to enter names - just the email address works)

Then, go to your list management page and choose the "Bulk" option. Where it
says "Input file", browse for the text file you just created. Make sure the
first "Add the imported addresses..." function is selected, then click on
Submit.

Keep that text file of subscribers and when it comes to deleting them,
follow the same procedure except choose the "Remove the imported addresses
from LISTNAME..." function.

This is all done "quietly", so none of the subscribers will be notified when
being added/removed.

There is also a way to do this by email but it's much easier through the web
interface.

Regards

Spencer