linda -i didn't think this through <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 19 Jun 1995 19:47:00 EST
>this jerk from my lists, I am curious if anyone has been threatened (other
>than me and Hugh Jarvis, listowner of Anthro-l) by people who have been
>filtered. Has anyone had this sort of problem? Most of the listheader filters
>I have seen were for known spammers and broken nodes.

I filter spammers, some goofy nodes and individuals disrupt, abuse or
threaten list-members.
One guy tried to bully me into kicking another poster off our list.
When he failed to intimidate me onlist, he started calling my place
of employ. He would speak to whoever answered and complain that I had
treated him unfairly and that they should look into my "activities",
suggesting that they were contrary to our universities mission statement.
When that tact failed to satisfy him (I didn't get fired), he sent (via
snail mail complete w/yellow highlighting) a copy of a satiric post that
had been forwarded from another list, and copies of his own posts (which
were extremely vile) to the Pres. of our institution.
At this point, he was trying to get the list pulled from our server.
I had to defend myself and the list to my director, the director of the
computer center and the president. It was extremely stressful. I'm still
waiting for him to renew his efforts.
-linda
co-owner, Politics