Fri, 19 Mar 1999 17:01:48 -0600
> case, you (or someone with the right amount of power) might consider
> blocking email originating from their IP address or from their ISP.  Note
> that in the latter case people with the same ISP will also not be able to
> send mail to your mailing list.

The latter is what would screw that as a solution for most I think :(

best thing to do is to make sure list is FULLHDR or SUBJECTHDR I think, and put list
on full moderation so the listowner can forward the forged posts to the sender's
provider's abuse addresses until the nut loses his/her provider for doing this.. and as
you said, most would boot them pronto.  BUT, with aol and other throw away
accounts, would be a no brainer to start over :(

Maybe just a live with it kinda deal and forward each occurance to the abuse
addressesses of the forger with full headers included.

  ...Cleo  [log in to unmask]