Larry Jewell <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 23 Jul 1992 07:32:32 EST

> On Thu, 23 Jul 1992 06:19:28 EST Larry Jewell said:
> >To clarify, when I get one of these, I'd like to send a single line reply,
> >unsub member (without having to type the member's address)
> >as a reply to that msg.
>
> You already have this.  Use the command: QUIET DEL listname *@member-node
>
> Jim...

Yes, I have that, but that's not what I'd like to see in future releases,
I'd like to see a specific response system dedicated to error messages
where the reply was processed in reference to the original msg.

The sequence is this:

listserv sends error msg and flags the msg number for futher action.

I get the error msg and reply with a one word reply, such as "nomail", "del"
or "ignore"

listserv receives reply,and executes the command.

This shouldn't be that hard, I've written similar items for our local network,
with good results.  System resources and operator time gets reduced.  BUT
the core of the new system would be a program the listowner would have to
process these msgs, with known "slow mail" sites already having a "canned"
response programmed in. A listowner would develop a listing to handle most
of the problems so that only "new" problems would have to addressed directly.

Just wishin',
Larry J