Charles Clausen <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 26 Jan 2017 11:29:58 -0800
Bob - In addition to commanded changes, the changelog file also tracks posts to the mailing list. This is what the first entries on my list’s changelog file for 2017 look like (email addresses, subscriber names, and message subjects have been deleted, except for one of my own posts):

20170102150530 SUBCOUNT 1189
20170102150530 SUBSCRIBE xxx@xxx (name)
20170102184458 POST xxx@xxx Re: (subject)
20170103053721 POST xxx@xxx Re: (subject)
20170103062952 SUBSCRIBE xxx@xxx name
20170105144853 POSTxxx@xxx (subject)
20170105152040 POST [log in to unmask] Re: NCI study of spontaneous remissions?
20170105172229 SIGNOFF xxx@xxx

This was copied from an emailed changelog file I retrieved from our server. The file can be retrieved with this command addressed to your admin server:

GET [listname] CHANGELOG

The changelog file is set up by means of modifications to your list’s header file.

The listowner webpage function I described previously can extract specific data from the changelog file. In my last previous message, I cc’d you a screenshot copy of this report that indicated the number of messages posted within a time period I had requested.

So anyway - if you get your 2017 changelog file set up and activated, on your List Activity Report webpage you should be able to easily extract numbers of messages posted for your quarterly time periods throughout 2017, for each of your lists.

Charles