"Philip Janus (at work)" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 22 Jan 1996 15:54:31 -0500
At 02:37 PM 1/22/96 -0600, Natalie Maynor wrote:
>>I guess what we're all saying is that the error messages are one of the
largest
>>headaches with running a list. There are just too many! They take over our
>>Inboxes and cause us to miss work relate email.
>
>I haven't been following much of this discussion and apologize if my
>response is therefore a non sequitur of some kind, but I don't really
>understand what the big deal is about error messages.  Can't you have
>your mail program filter them to a separate file?  I don't have error
>messages or list mail of any kind cluttering up my personal mail.  They're
>all in separate files.  If I'm busy, I can delete the whole file of error
>messages without paying much attention to it.  As you say, running lists
>is not something we do as part of our jobs, or at least that's the case for
>many of us.  It's a leisure activity.

Except that I access email through a dialup account, and I may have to
download for 5-10 minutes worth of error messages (since each one quotes the
entire original message) for 2-3 messages of personal interest.
I'd rather sign on in the morning, hit "download" and know that I can get a
cup of coffee while the large (but not as large) digest comes in.

Philo

Philip B Janus                 ||
[log in to unmask]                ||  Think of it as evolution
1E GULC          <*>           ||         in action...
http://www.radix.net/~philo    ||