"Gehl, Nate" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 10:26:48 -0700
>If it's not in the default.mailtpl then it is hard-coded and not editable.
>Depending on what you are trying to do there are other ways to issue a
subscribe
>or add  command that do not use this message that you can't change.

Ok...here's what I'm trying to do.  We have multiple announce-only lists.
Subscribe/Unsubscribe are handled exclusively by web eform.  I want to
collect email addresses only.  The welcome message sent for Anon subscribers
is clearly inappropriate for an announce-only list so I'm currently having
the eform send "subscribe [log in to unmask] X X" for new subscribers.  But of
course, that will result in other inappropriate messages sent by the system
that I cannot edit depending on what the user does long-term.

So, that results in 3 questions.
1.  Can I edit the anon response template?  You say no
2.  Can I disable the "realname" requirement for normal subscribers?  The
docs say no.
3.  Can I suppress the sending of that, and/or other templates?  I'm
guessing not.

Are there any other alternatives that I'm missing?