Barry Wolman <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 18 Mar 1996 20:02:52 -0500
Space for our list archives is getting tight.  My co-owner and I
periodically urge submitters to limit the amount of quoted material in
the text.  In spite of our urgings we regularly receive messages that
quote one of two pages of another message and add one or two new lines.
Neither of us has time to moderate the list.

Can listserv be configured to reject messages where the new content is
smaller than the amount quoted?  The rejection should direct the
submitter to reduce the amount of quoted material and resubmit.  I think
an absolute limit, e.g. 20 lines, of quoted material independent of the
amount new material would probably be adequate.

Barry Wolman
Pittsburgh, PA