JUDITH HOPKINS AT SUNY BUFFALO <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Dec 1993 10:32:05 -0500
I have to disagree with Mario Rups that with a "proper" listserv
errors are never bounced to the original poster of the undelivered
message.   AUTOCAT is on a standard and well-run BITNET listserv; the
header shows Errors-to: Owner  (and I get loads of them!) but from
time to time individual subscribers report receiving error messages
relating to their postings.   Every now and again I send messages on
the list describing the phenomenon and telling people not to worry
but of course it doesn't really mean anything to them until it happens
to them by which time they have forgotten my instructions.  So I end
up having to re-assure individual posters that, No, you haven't done
anything wrong, and Yes, your message was distributed to the list.

Judith Hopkins                            VOICE: (716) 645-2796
Technical Services Research and Analysis Officer
Central Technical Services                FAX:   (716) 645-5955
Lockwood Library Building
State University of New York at Buffalo   BITNET: ulcjh@ubvm (OR, ubvms)
Buffalo, NY  14260-2200             INTERNET: [log in to unmask]
          Listowner: AUTOCAT@UBVM or [log in to unmask]