Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 24 Mar 1993 13:26:49 EST
Eric says ...
>There is a predefined topic called  OTHER which includes all messages not
>falling into  any of the  topics listed in  "Topics=". The default  is to
>receive all topics, and you can change that as you like.

   Thanks for the clarification, Eric.

   I take this to mean that adding topics in the future will cause
   (perhaps unexpected) filtering for subscribers that have set topics
   including OTHER.

   Let's say a list of interest has topics A and B. If I set topics to
   exclude B (with "Topics=A, OTHER"), then when topic C is added to the
   list, I won't receive the topic C postings.

   Is there a construct anything like "Topics= not B"?

Just wondering,

Wayne Smith
The College Hockey Discussion List administrator
Systems Group - CAPS              BITNET/CREN:  wts@maine
University of Maine System        internet:     [log in to unmask]