Theo van Dam <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 11 Jan 1995 09:38:32 +0100

>Someone on my mailing list receives their mail using Eudora.  The From address
>in  messages  from  the  mailing list as listed by Eudora shows the person who
>sent the mail, not the mailing list address.  Apparently  it  uses  the  From:
>header,  not  the  Sender: header.  Is there a way to modify this somehow (can
>this me modified in Eudora)?  The user wants to be able to quickly distinguish
>mailing list mail from other mail, which would be possible if the From address
>is the mailing list name.  Thanks.

The "From" identification is absent when the user
sets mail to digest.
This is a way to avoid the problem, not a real solver, but it may please
your someone.

 Theo van Dam           e-mail [log in to unmask]
 University of Twente             phone +31 53 893036
 Faculty of Chemical Technology   fax   +31 53 323726
 Centre for Clean Technology and Environmental Policy
 p/o box 217     7500 AE  Enschede    the Netherlands