Peacenet Balkans Desk <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 6 Feb 1999 05:56:08 -0500
I want to be clear on what exactly happens when a user tries to subscribe to
my list from an address which matches one of my Filter= strings.

The list is configured:

subscription= open, confirm
send= public
notebook= ... public
errors-to= owner

So, if someone trys to subscribe from an address matching a filter string,

1. The person trying to subscribe gets an error msg (from where? what
text?), but no text from any template.

2. I (the owner) *don't* get a notice of the attempt to subscribe.

Also, if someone posts without subscribing (I want to keep the list open in
this regard) from one of the taboo'd addresses,

1. The person attempting to post sees POST-NOTAUTH

2. A notice of the attempt bounces to me.

3. This notice contains a full copy of the attempted msg.

Thanks for any info as to whether I've got these sequences right.  --  ed
----
Ed Agro, Peacenet Balkans Desk, Boston ([log in to unmask])