Dan Kanagy <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 6 Jun 1997 07:07:09 +0900
Currently I have the REVIEW setting set to private for my list.
However, a number of subscribers are worried that this will enable
spammers to subscribe to the list, make off with the list of
addresses, and start spamming.  My view is that this is an extremely
inefficient way to gather e-mail addresses, and spammers--the pros
anyway--resort to other means to gather e-mail addresses.  I have yet
to see a spam targeting just the subscribers of my list, which seems
to support my view.

What are your views on this matter?  Am I subjecting my subscribers to
too much risk against potential spams?

Dan Kanagy               finger for PGP public key            [log in to unmask]
Tokyo, Japan                                              [log in to unmask]