Bill Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 23 Mar 1992 13:48:54 CST
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Resent-From: "A. Ralph
       Papakhian" <PAPAKHI@IUBVM> says:

>We are still getting this response from DUKEMVS.  I changed MAIL-VIA=
>to DIST.  Would that cause a problem with DUKEMVS?  Problems with getting
>listserv mail to Duke have been wearing several people out.  So if anyone
>has some light to shed that would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Well, I'll take a guess, but... No promises!

From the Received: lines, it looks like LISTSERV@DUKEVM is receiving
the DIST job, and forwarding it in BSMTP format to [log in to unmask]
(Everything ok so far.)  Then MAILER@DUKEVM is forwarding the DUKEMVS
piece in BSMTP format to (presumably) [log in to unmask]  At least that's
what MAILER@DUKEVM is currently claiming it will do with DUKEMVS mail.

(I must confess here, that I know almost *nothing* about UCLAMAIL.)

It then looks like MAILER@DUKEMVS is receiving the BSMTP file from
MAILER@DUKEVM, but is ignoring the RCPT TO: lines (or perhaps they are
incorrectly specified (though this seems unlikely)) in the BSMTP
envelope and trying to deliver the mail to the address specified in
the RFC822 To: field: <[log in to unmask]>.  Hence the "No valid
recipients for this node" message.

Admittedly, this doesn't seem very likely.  But I suppose it might
indicate an incorrectly configured UCLAMAIL system on DUKEMVS.  You
might try taking this to the experts on the UCLAMAIL list.  They can
probably interpret it much better than I can.

Or, you could delete the DUKEMVS people until it gets straightened out.
That would probably stop the error messages.

Bill