"Ahern, Shannon" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 13:45:25 -0800
Thanks.

I did already think of this, but because we are a developer community, I
was trying to avoid people being unable to post chunks of code or other
long communication. We don't really have a storage problem, so, although
that is often a huge consideration, it has not been one of mine.

Thanks for the input -- I may have to take that route in the end.

Shannon  :-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shannon Ahern
DevelopMentor WebMistress
http://www.develop.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Who do you think you are, God?" asked the victim of my cancelbot. I
replied, "No. God works in mysterious ways. I follow established
protocols." - Richard E. Depew

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Russell [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 12:24 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Plain Text Virus (W32.myparty)

Each of the W32.myparty virus messages which I have seen was
approximately 900
lines long. You should be able to force the rejection of W32.myparty
virus
carrier messages by adding the following list configuration statement:

        * SIZELIM= xxx

where "xxx" represents an integer value less than 900. I would make it
significantly less than 900.

Reference:
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8d/owner/appendb.html#keySizelim

--