Thu, 7 Jul 2005 08:19:16 -0400
"LISTSERV list owners' forum" <[log in to unmask]> wrote on
07/07/2005 06:33:55 AM:

> >>I am trying to determine what is the best format to send list
> >>announcements in, should they be sent in HTML or plain text?
> >
> > The best option is to send in HTML and ensure that a plain-text
> > version is
> > also available in the same e-mail.
>
> I'm just curious, what is "best" about HTML? I see no use for it in
> email, and Michael, your email didn't provide any reason for using it.

It's prettier.

That's it.  Simple appearance.  But in this day and age, snazzy appearance
seems to be mandatory.  Content comes second.  I personally hate getting
newsletters as HTML and one very large computer publication (they publish
many different technology magazines and have two words in their name)
switched me to HTML formatted newsletters and I could never get it
switched back. After several notes back and forth with the online editor
they gave up, so I unsubscribed from all their electronic and paper
publications.

The same info is available elsewhere.