Hal Keen <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 16 Nov 2005 09:46:16 -0600
Additional comment below the quoted portion:

> } Is there a way to set the maximum attachment size for postings? I know
you can
> } specify "attachments= yes/no" and specify the types of allowed
attachments.

> Not specifically the attachment size, but yes on the overall size.
> Either in lines or in bytes.
>
> In the header:  Sizelim= number | numberK | numberM

As a practical matter, you might find yourself explaining a lot when you do
this. Contributors tend to have a fair amount of trouble figuring out the
way the size limit works, largely because the size of a file is considerably
less than the chunk of the limit it eats up as an attachment.

I've put painfully exact details online for my subscribers, so I can just
send this URL when they ask the same questions I've already answered:
  http://www.ieee802.org/1/email-pages/sending.html#spsze

Just thought I'd pass this along in case someone else might find it useful.

Hal Keen