Elena Hammond <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Jun 1996 08:42:02 EDT
On Wed, 19 Jun 1996 00:23:18 -0500 you said:
>Yes, Elena, there really are listowners who love LISTSERV, love Eric,
>and love his acerbic wit when it is used to the fullest (it's been
>a while, so he needs some prodding; might want to check the archives).

   Well, working here, rest assured that I am used to the rantings and the
resting periods.... I speak to him daily, and rarely do I have to provoke him
if someone else has already done so :)  All the same, I would rather someone
not tarnish the mood for the remainder of the day :)

>I don't use a gun for squirrels, a slingshot is quite adequate.  We have
>a good crop of them this year so I will be glad to get a couple for a
>nice stew for you, just let me know when you'll be here.  If you like

   Myself, I use a 22 with a scope.  This way I don't destroy parts that might
be useful :)  But squirrel meat is rather tough, wouldn't you say ? The stew
isn't that bad, you may want to try them grilled with some garlic and lemon
juice.  Just keep the grill low, and they won't get as tough.

>snakes; you might hurt Sam and I wouldn't want a liability lawsuit
>from you being bitten by my "pet" rattlesnake because you attacked him

  Well, there are pltnty of little snakes around here, and thats when the
garden hoe comes in handy :)  And rattlesnake belts are relatively popular
in certain parts of town :)

>when it is the proper season.  So, when would be convenient for you?

   Well, depending on what part of deer season.... you have bow, shot gun,
rifle, and black-powder.  And I have deer meat left in the freezer from last
season,  Its about time to get rid of it, as it gets strong over time.  Besides
it time to start prepping the bow for the coming season.  Thanks for the offer
though :)

   I so enjoyed talking to you, and good luck in your quest to get a rise out
of Eric :)

Elena