"Byron C. Mayes" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 12:16:22 -0400
On 8/11/2000 12:58 AM, Edith Schmitz wrote:

> 1). It seems that after a subscriber has been added to our list, he
> receives two confirmation messages. One is the ADD1 message that is part of
> the mailtpl template and confirms that the subscription is complete and how
> the customer can unsubscribe from the list. Almost simulateously, the
> subscriber receives a message like this:
>
>> ok
> Confirming:
>> SUBSCRIBE customer-sl-l Edith  Schmitz
> You have been added to the CONSUMER-SL-L list.
>
> This message seems to be unnecessary and confusing, as our templates have
> been tranlated into other languages and, thus, are send in the subscriber's
> native language. Therefore, we would prefer to disable this second
> confirmation message. If this is not possible, we would like to change it
> to the appropriate language. However, we don't know where this message
> comes from as it is not part of the mailtpl. How can we disable/change it?

Since the command acknowledgement message is currently unchangeable (one
hopes that LSoft will consider language options for a future release), you
might want to warn your subscribers in your translated ADD1 welcome message
of the impending ACK message. You could place a translation of what it says
and what it means somewhere where they're sure to see it. That's about all
you can do right now.

Byron

--
 Byron C. Mayes, MLS * Head, Library Systems and Technology
 Temple University Libraries