Betty Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 14:23:07 -0500
Hiya,

If you'll remember, I recently set my list to
* Send=            Editor,hold,private
* Editor=          [log in to unmask]

The crisis is over, and I want to set current
subscribers so that they can post directly to the
list, but I still want to screen the posts from
new subscribers for a while before I let them
post directly to the list.

I'm assuming to do this I'd need to leave the editor
setting in the list header and add the noeditor
parameter to the default header option

* Default-options= Repro,Subject,noeditor
* Send=            Editor,hold,private
* Editor=          [log in to unmask]

and then send the command:
set sex-l editor for *@*
to the listserv.

is that an acceptible way to do it?

or is it preferable to set the list header default
option to review and lose all the editor settings?

* Default-options= Repro,Subject,review

assuming that my address is listed as the first Owner=
field.  I assume this would still require me to
reply to the LISTSERV with an ok to release their
message to the list.

Thanks for your assistance. :)
Betty