Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 09:49:23 -0500
On 10/22/2004 2:44 PM, Francoise Becker wrote:
> On 22 Oct 2004 at 9:49, Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>

>>This still creates an all-or-nothing-at-all situation for the list owner,
>>i.e., he/she can eliminate the header/footer on all list-related pages,
>>but he/she cannot eliminate the header/footer on some pages and leave them
>>on other pages.
>

> Sure you can. Just don't +IM the banners on the templates for the
> pages where you don't want them.
>
> Francoise

It appears that the SUB-TOP-BANNER and SUB-BOTTOM-BANNER templates were
added in 1.8e. The list in question is hosted on a server running 1.8d.
Hypothetically, this could be done in 1.8d by creating SUB-TOP-BANNER
and SUB-BOTTOM-BANNER templates, then adding appropriate +IM statements
to site-wide templates for every affected web page, and into all
list-specific web page templates, as well. This does not scale well.
I think we'll live with the less than perfect solution we have now.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator