Ed Price <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 21 Jan 1997 16:27:21 -0500
At 12:19 PM 1/21/97 -0500, Gilles wrote:
>At 03:05 PM 1/20/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>Incidentally you can now tell when a web site is requesting a 'cookie'
>>(taking down your address) if you have set up Netscape 3 to do this.  I'm
>>not sure about earlier versions.  Very interesting to see how frequently
>>this is required for access.  Don't ask this Perpetual Newbie How? or How
>>to get around it..
>

>Incidently I absolutely refuses any and all cookies.
>A week ago, the current version of Apache, the best web server, was
>suddenly removed after it became clear that cookies may represent a big
>security hole.
>Beware!
>
>*  Gilles Frydman

In my case I consider who is requesting the 'cookie.'  as examples I'm
prepared to take risks with the NYT and my 'On-Line Brokerage.'

So far my <del> is coping.

Ed

PS - Liked what I saw at 'newind2' but was unable to access
'www.hon.ch/conduct.mtl'   I wonder if we need something like this for our
ML's