Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 30 Apr 1992 22:45:33 +0200
On Thu, 30 Apr 1992 15:39:37 CDT Doc <[log in to unmask]> said:

>Hey, pal, why  dont you keep your  shirt on? The underlying  theme to my
>message was that if more people moderated their lists, the spread of the
>message could have been halted. Sorry if you were unable to read between
>the lines.

The underlying theme  of mine was that you should  think before you post,
which apparently you have again failed  to do. There are many reasons why
one might want to moderate a list, but stopping the massive cross-posting
attempts which we see about twice a year is certainly not one of them. It
is just  like saying that if  more people travelled by  train rather than
plane, there would be less deaths caused by plane crashes and we would be
better off since train accidents are extremely rare.

  Eric