Wed, 14 Mar 2001 13:41:02 -0600
On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Paul E. Prusakowski wrote:
> The way I dealt with this was to set my list on hold, get the header, change
> the settings for  Send= editor,hold
> Then I sent the header back, freed the list, and had an opportunity to
> reject every message that had a houston.rr. in it.
> It took a while, but saved everyone from the swell of old messages.

I was going to suggest something of the sort as I've used the technique
before.  So, I'll observe that no one, that I recall, advised NOPOST,
as in  QUIET SET listname NOPOST for *@*houston.rr.com   or whatever.
People advised NOMAIL and DELETE but I don't recall seeing NOPOST.
I would have have set nopost and nomail fist thing, then try to sort it
out.  Of course, NOPOST will bounce all those items right back to them,
but maybe they'll get the message there is something wrong.

Douglas