Wed, 20 Nov 1996 21:49:54 -0600
On Tue, 19 Nov 1996, Nathan Brindle wrote:
> You're right, it's MS Word 6.  This is not new, Douglas, the .DOC files
> on our site have always been Word 6.

Thanks for the confirmation that owner.doc is the word6 file.  Ben Parker
told me had managed to print out a copy using a word6 reader.  I've
downloaded, then downloaded, several of the versions.  My wife has word6
at work and she'll see if she can get it converted for me.

If I get anything usable I'll make it freely available, if LSOFT has
no objections.

As to plain ascii last, I have to disagree.  It should be done in plain
ascii first as that is what everyone can use and *then* be converted to
whatever special format.  But you have to understand I worked with Michael
Hart (Project Gutenberg, you know).  While we parted company I still agree
with him about all text items being available first in plain ascii.

I know I'm a minority in this, even my wife violently disagrees with me
on the subject.  But I never said I was easy to get along with, did I. ;-)

Pete W. says you should start calling me A-Pain-In-The-ASCII, no butts about
it. (sorry Pete, too good not to share.)

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L