Melvin Klassen <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 6 Oct 1995 09:09:09 PDT
On Fri, 6 Oct 1995 09:06:15 -0600, Elliott Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I've been desperately looking for an automated mailing system to handle
> sending out my e-zine and the sub/unsub requests.  Anyway, I'm interested
> in setting up a listserv, but the information I found at www.lsoft.com
> makes the whole thing look a little too costly for my needs.  Does anyone
> have any recommendations about a less expensive method?

LSOFT's "EASE basic" service is available for less than $1.50 per day,
which is probably the best bang-for-the-buck among mailing-list providers.

Have you considered some alternative methods, i.e., "publishing" your
E-zine on a WWW-page, and letting the subscribers use a full Internet
Service Provider to access it?  Have you considered writing software
to emulate the functionality of LISTSERV?  Recently, when somebody
requested a "free lunch", the following reply was posted to LSTOWN-L
(note: GIT == Georgia Institute of Technology):