Robert Maxwell Young <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 13:06:12 +0100
Try:
Shawn Van Ittersum
Vantech
1-800-718-2131
http://www.vantech.com
I used them for $30 per month for unlimited numbers of email forums but
have now stopped and moved over to eGroups.

Best, Bob Young

>Roland Zuk <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>> Does it have to be Listserv? There are several free mailing list providers:
>>>   http://www.listbot.com/
>>>   http://www.egroups.com/
>>>   http://www.onelist.com/
>>
>>Yes, it has to be Listserv.  Nothing but the best!  BTDT with
>>majordomo and all it's hassles.  Never again.
>
>Well, majordomo has had improvements.
>
>>I'm *not* looking for a free provider.  I'm currently using a for-fee
>>service and will continue to pay for the quality, reliability an
>>functionality of Listserv,
>
>But you're not willing to pay the price that L-Soft wants for lists that
>have more than 1,000 subscribers?
>
>>without subjecting my subs to advertising
>>banners
>
>At least one of the free ones removes the ads for $5.95 a month, or some
>price like that.
>
>>and address harvesters.
>
>I don't see how harvesting would be any different on those lists then on a
>Listserv one. As owner you have control of how the list is set up.
>
>Don.

In making a personal reply, please put in Subject line: Message for Bob Young
Robert Maxwell Young:  [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
26 Freegrove Rd., London N7 9RQ, Eng. tel.+44 171 607 8306; fax.+44 171 609
4837.
Professor of Psychotherapy and Psychoanalytic Studies, Centre for
Psychotherapeutic
Studies, University of  Sheffield: http://www.shef.ac.uk/~psysc/
Home page and writings: http://www.human-nature.com
Guides to the Internet: http://www.shef.ac.uk/~psysc/guides.html
'One must imagine Sisyphus happy.' - Camus