Maureen Leblanc <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 10:27:42 EDT
Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Reaching immediately for the  DELETE listname refused_address  command...
>
>This illustrates another good reason for Subscription= Open,Confirm or for
>= By_Owner to use a reply 'questionnaire' (accomplishes the same thing).
>If the prospective subscriber won't accept email back to them, they'll
>never be able to get on your list at all.

Agreed -- I use Subscription= Open,Confirm also.

>This is similar to the   [log in to unmask]  question a few days ago.  If
>a user isn't willing to accept email, (either by configuring their mailbox
>to refuse mail or by using an invalid address) then they don't belong on an
>email list.

Uh oh -- I ought to clarify this, since I asked that question.

The only time that I'd even *consider* subscribing a [log in to unmask]
would be to add a _second_ subscription for a known, confirmed, subscriber
who's set to noreview, who requested the nospam address. It would have to
be the exact same address as the original subscription, with the "spamtrap"
word added after the @ sign, and would always be set to nomail.

I still don't know whether I'm going to do this, but I'm not real clear on
why this is similar to a user who subscribes and starts bouncing because
they've never been confirmed by Listserv.

Thanks for the chance to clarify. :-)

Maureen
:-)
HWY61-L