Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 09:13:47 -0500
At 00:29 01/29/2002 Tuesday, Ballew Kinnaman wrote:
 >I have a couple users who want to read
 >list messages on those hand held devices.

I think this will be an exercise in futility, or a dog chasing its
tail.  I recall in the bitnet days (or was it daze?) that there was
discussion about email and dialup and size of messages, and quoting, and
of course today, we have questions about HTML, viruses, MIME, size of
FROM: and SUBJECT:.

Even if URLs (INDEX) were successfully passed to and from the palm
device, there would be no guarantee that the resultant WEB page displayed
would be viewable.

If you think that you need to re-engineer your list(s)' digests for
palm-top reading, then maybe a different list is required?  (I don't know.)

/Pete